CAREER OPPORTUNITY: OUTSIDE TECHNICAL SALES
OUTSIDE TECHNICAL SALES
Founded in 1950, Ward’s Marine Electric is a third-generation, family-owned business. As an industry-leading marine electrical company based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, with offices in Riviera Beach and Safe Harbor Rybovich, we provide dockside and shipyard service for power distribution systems on yachts of all sizes, marine electrical engineering services, panelboard and switchgear design and fabrication, and act as the leading supplier of marine electrical equipment for contractors in South Florida. Looking for an outside sales representative who is highly self-motivated and possesses the experience and ability to grow our clientele.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain positive customer relations with existing clients.
- Stay informed and educated on marine electrical products and services.
- Educate new and existing clients on all company services and products while seeking out opportunities to upsell.
- Broaden the company’s network through interdepartmental collaboration.
- Participate in boat shows and marketing events.
- Expand the company’s exposure to gain more clients and increase revenue.
- Meet and exceed implemented sales goals.
Minimum Skills and Special Requirements:
- Must have a working knowledge of marine electrical products and services.
- Basic use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Professional communication skills in various formats, including email, telephone, trade shows, and networking events.
- Experience in building relationships with new and existing clients.
- Proven ability to consult clients in their products and services needs while maximizing upselling.
- Have excellent customer services skills and motivation to generate revenue.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be capable of traveling to vessel and client locations locally, domestically, and internationally.
- Travel to new and existing client locations in the tri-county region (Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami-Dade County) or the east coast territory.
- In-office setting.
Benefits and Wages
- Health insurance, dental/vision insurance, long-term and short-term disability, 401K, paid vacations/holidays; profit sharing eligibility after 3 years of employment.
- Travel reimbursement and car allowance.
- Commission with a draw salary.